Helping Northridge Employees Recover Workplace Injuries Caused By Hazardous Machinery, Products Or Chemicals

Typically, employees injured on the job while performing their normal job duties are entitled to seek workers' compensation benefits to pay for lost wages, medical bills and rehabilitation costs that stem from their on-the-job injury.

Workers' compensation benefits allow a worker to obtain benefits quickly but in exchange forfeit any cause of action against their employer. But workers' comp benefits do not always make an injured party whole and can be grossly inadequate.

When Workers' Compensation Benefits Are Not Enough

Weinreb LawFortunately, other options could be available. You may not be able to obtain compensation directly against your employer; however, you could have a cause of action against a third party.

In instances where a defective product or machinery caused your injury, you may have a cause of action against the manufacturing or another parties involved in the chain of supply.

If you do, you could obtain additional benefits above and beyond those provided under workers' compensation laws.

What You Can Do As An Injured Employee

If you've suffered a workplace injury, taking action on the following could significantly help your case:

  • File a workers' compensation claim and accident report with your employer, making sure it documents the nature of your accident
  • Request a signed copy of the accident report
  • Obtain names and contact information from any witnesses present during the injury
  • Document or take pictures of any unsafe conditions or situations in the surrounding environment that could have contributed to your injury

Contacting Weinreb Law For Further Guidance

If you have suffered a workplace injury, contact Weinreb Law to find out if other parties could be responsible for your injuries. Attorney Michael Weinreb has been handling these types of cases for many years. He knows the law and process involved with workplace injury cases.

As an experienced lawyer, let him offer his guidance and expertise. Call 747-202-2541 today. Or, send a confidential email.